Process Modifications

Sharing strategies and resources for teaching glass in a pandemic.
geex.helen

Process Modifications

Post by geex.helen »

What modifications are you making to processes in the COVID-19 era?
Last edited by geex.helen on Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geex.emily

Re: Process Modification

Post by geex.emily »

I've noticed a lot of interesting modifications to promote sanitation and social distancing that have popped up over the summer.

I've added two links below, along with a short description of the item.
  • Facemask port for blowhose
    Back in July, Amy Lemaire shared an incredibly helpful adapter for a 3D printed port for blowhoses that can be fitted in a face mask. She has more information about how to modify the face mask to accommodate the port, which is available through the link. Amy recommended adding a 90 degree connector and sealing the edges with superglue.
    So smart! Thank you for sharing, Amy.
  • Localino COVID Protect Tag
    Localino is a German company that sells stand-alone wearable proximity notifiers specifically for COVID distancing with no minimum quantity. The notifiers vibrate and ring when you get closer than 1.5 meters.
    They're 139.00 euros + shipping, which comes to about $350 for two wearables. At this point, I haven't seen another DIY option that is this (relatively) affordable or accurate. Seems like a great idea for reinforcing new shop protocols.
    Here's a quick demo video to show the wearables in action. They look like really ugly watches.
Any other strategies for in-person shop protocols popping up? Curious to hear what other people have been looking into or developing.