School IG accounts

Glass Program Social Media channels
geex.helen

School IG accounts

Post by geex.helen »

I think it would be great to share some organizational social media handles, so that we can start to compile a list to share with students and student orgs.

For UW-Madison's Glass Department, we have a few IG accounts that are currently active:
- UW Glass: This is the account that's run in part by student representatives within "Mad Gaffers", our student glass art organization, and faculty (specifically: Helen).
- UW Glass Outpost: This one popped up this spring semester in response to the immediate need for sharing life, processes and artwork while remote learning. We had weeklong faculty and student takeovers, and also continue to share some of the more recent dialogues happening in the broader glass community. It's a more informal and conversational account.

liesl.schubel

Re: School IG accounts

Post by liesl.schubel »

Sharing the social media channels for UrbanGlass in Fort Greene, Brooklyn.
UrbanGlass: @urbanglass_nyc
The main page is used for studio updates, educational posts, advocacy and resource sharing.

Glass: The UrbanGlass Art Quarterly: @glassquarterly
Specific page for Glass Magazine, a quarterly publication out of UrbanGlass.

Kimharty

Post by Kimharty »

CCS Glass Here is our somewhat-neglected instagram account. Students usually post stories while I post onto the feed. School is back on, so time for some updates.

CCS Craft & Material Studies Here is the most edited Craft & Material Studies account.

IG is definitely my go-to for seeing what other school and programs are up to in the studio.

emilymcbride

Post by emilymcbride »

University of Wisconsin River Falls is @uwrf_glass_club

This semester I gave the Studio Glass students the assignment to each week take turns managing the account and boosting engagement.
Give 'em a follow!